The TVA Mini-Grant Program, sponsored by the Tennessee Valley Authority in partnership with Bicentennial Volunteers Incorporated (BVI, a TVA retiree organization), is designed to fund STEM learning projects in classrooms and schools in the TVA service area.
“The Tennessee Valley Authority understands that excellence in education is the key to our future,” said TVA STEM Education Manager Rachel Crickmar. “We want to work directly with teachers to support initiatives that advance STEM activities in the classroom to develop a talent pipeline for TVA and its customers.”
Deadlines and Eligibility
- The 2018/2019 Mini-Grant application opens Friday, Dec. 7, 2018, and closes Friday, Jan. 11, 2019.
- All applicants will be notified of the status of their application by Feb. 28, 2019.
- Grants may be requested in the following amounts: $500, $750, $1,000, $1,500, $2,500, $3,500, or $5,000 per school. Please use the supplied Budget Template.
- This is a competitive grant competition. Applications should be original work and not provided by a vendor or retailer.
- Preference will be given to grants that help students explore TVA’s primary areas of focus: the environment, energy, economic and career development and community problem solving.
- Must be a public school to receive funding.
- School must receive power from a TVA distributor.